B-Travel is Fira de Barcelona‘s revamped International Tourism Show in Catalonia which, after 23 years, is embarking on a new stage with a greater focus on travel experiences. From 17 to 19 April, the Montjuïc Exhibition Centre will host specialised proposals in tourism, offering both close at home destinations and others in more than 50 countries and regions around the world.
The new B-Travel‘s goal is to go beyond travel itself. To promote an offering composed of experiences linked to the 5 main trends in the industry:
- B-Happy, which are trips with family and friends, romantic getaways, wellness trips or gay-targeted tourism.
- B-Culture, proposals related with art, history and culture, such as cinema, theatre, music or photography tourism.
- B-Special, tourism offerings focused on new luxury, shopping, solidarity or rediscovery of local attractions.
- B-Adventure, for sports, nature and adventure lovers, such as rural, nautical, mountain, cycling tourism.
- B-Delicious, which encompasses food and wine tourism routes.
In this edition, B-Travel has brought together the experience offerings of about 200 exhibitors, who represent about 1.000 companies, including national and international destinations, travel agencies, hotels, transport companies, shipping lines, and tourism products and services.
One of the main points of interest will be the B-Travel Experience Area, a space for showcasing trends and new tourism products, and sharing experiences with entrepreneurs, travellers, industry leaders and experts from different tourism-related areas.
Within the show, at the Montjuïc Exhibition Centre, two business actions sponsored by Barcelona Activa will be organised: the Job Market Place, which will bring together candidates and companies with vacancies under the same roof, and the Synergys networking session. The Travel Blogger Meeting will also be held, focused this year on travel photography in the blogosphere, and which will be attended by more than 100 bloggers.