Barcelona Marathon 2011

Posted on 30 November 2010 in Barcelona, always!, Sports

With more than three months still to go before the 33rd Barcelona Marathon takes place on 6 March 2011, 4.233 people have already put their names down for it.

Marathon Barcelona 2011

Marathon Barcelona 2011

That’s a good number as it means 29% more people have enrolled than on the last marathon’s corresponding dates, when the figure was 3.280.

So, if the last race saw a record number of 12.211 runners hailing from various parts of the world and running the 42.195 kilometres, everything points to the coming one breaking another record, should the current entry rate continue.

So far, most of the runners (68%) come from abroad; of the rest (32%) who live in Spain, 77% of them are Catalans. Men still form the majority (83%) with women making up only 17% of the total.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*