We would like to tell how this hotel is fabulous and how Barcelona has a lot to offer to any tourist in the world. It was just amazing! We spent 8 nights at the SOHO Hotel in July 2010
This hotel is great for many reasons:
1. The location is great; It is a 5 minutes walk from the University and about 8 minutes from Plaza Cataluyna. It is half-way between Sagrada Familia and Cathedral of Barcelona. There is a metro station, Urgell, just in front of the hotel (or very very close).
2. The staff is wonderful and always willing to help. You could learn and practice Catalan with them for those who like languages. They are fluent in English and Spanish.
3. The room was great. It is rated a 3-stars hotel. Indeed it is a 4-stars hotel without a doubt at the price of a 3-stars.
4. We took breakfast for two mornings. The food is great and the menu is quite extensive for a breakfast.
5. We were in Barcelona when the weather was between 35 to 38 celsius for the whole week. Before going to dinner, we enjoyed the big jacuzzi (or the small swimming pool) each day. This facility is again just great.
6. After a long travel from Canada, we took the AEROBUS at 5.05 euros from the airport to the hotel. No taxi is needed. The bus goes on Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, the same street of the hotel. So you just need to watch the numbers to be dropped practically in front of the hotel. SOHO hotel is located at 543-545 Gran Via.
7. The hotel and the room were very clean. The design of the room is unique. The air conditionned worked perfectly well
8. It was a special occasion as we celebrated my wife’s birthday. If you have a chance, buy tickets to see a concert or a show at the Palau Musica Catalina (metro Urquinaona). We went to see a concert of spanish/catalan guitar. The price was reasonable.
9. I would recommend to anyone a stay at the SOHO hotel with no reservation.
Experience written by Jean-Claude, July 2010.